Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 5 Virtual Manipulative

This week I chose the Function Machine found in Number and Operations grades 6-8. This was pretty cool because it showed the input and output of a machine. I was given four numbers and I had to feed them into the machine and the machine would then spit out a new number. On the right side there was a function table and it would automatically begin filling in the table with my input and outputs. I would then have to figure out the pattern and solve three blank outputs. This did tell me if I had made an error and allowed me to fix it. I believe this would be great as extra practice for students who have difficulty with input an outputs and it also provides a pretty good visualiztion of input and output however, it did become rather boring pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment